THE PROCESS | It’s about more than just building structures. It’s also about building a good working relationship with you.
“Throughout the building process we not only found them to be quality builders but people of integrity, that we now proudly consider our friends.”
Stephanie W., Homeowner
STEP 1: GETTING TO KNOW YOU
We begin each new relationship by getting to know you and learning more about your project and your vision for it.
We want to get to know your personal tastes in design and style, and to hear every detail about your project. Whether you are looking for property, a bank or are wanting to draw up plans, Urban Street Builders can help you move forward at any stage of the process. Here is what you can expect when working with our team:
- Phone call: An initial call to introduce our company and determine general pricing for your project
- Meeting: Meet in person to introduce our team and discuss the project, including project size and desired price per square foot
- Idea sharing: Create a Houzz account to mutually share ideas for your project
- Contract: Sign letter of intent agreement and collect retainer to kick off Pre-construction
STEP 2: PRE-CONSTRUCTION
This is where it gets exciting! Your vision begins to turn into a reality as you take a virtual walk through your project and select interior and exterior finishes.
Pre-construction begins with the kick off meeting, where we go line by line through each detail of the budget and respective options for design. This phase is an integral part of the process where good planning pays off in the end. The pre-construction phase assists you in creating the design you want within your designated budget. Here’s what it will look like:
- Kick off meeting: Initial 2-6 hour meeting at our office. Discussion includes listing “must-haves”, “wish list” and design concepts. Architectural designing begins.
- Initial design presentation: 3-D design presentation (3-D only when Urban Street Builders does the architectural design), red-lining and corrections
- Final design presentation: Settle on final architectural design and set appointments to select interior finishes
- Interior finish selection: 2-4 hour meeting at flooring store to make material selections
- Light fixture selection: 1-3 hour meeting to choose interior and exterior lighting
- Doors, Trim & Hardware selection: 1-2 hour meeting to choose doors, trim and hardware
- Budget revisit: Confirm that all customer finish choices work within the existing budget after all bids have been received
- Bank submittal: Submit budget and renderings to the bank if obtaining a loan for financing
- Permit submittal: Submit plans to the city for permit approval
STEP 3: CONSTRUCTION
Once permits and financing are approved, we are ready to break ground.
This is the most rewarding stage of the project! Seeing your dream come to life and being part of the process is a very gratifying experience for everyone involved. Here’s what this phase looks like:
- Phase 1 (1st 40% of project): Demolition or initial grading and framing
- Phase 2 (2nd 40% of project): Interior functional trades (Plumbing, electrical, HVAC, insulation, windows, drywall and hardwood)
- Phase 3 (final 20% of project): Finish trades (cabinetry, millwork, paint, carpet, tile, countertops, lights)
- Updates: Weekly updates on Fridays from Project Manager
- Onsite meetings: Weekly meetings as needed with the Project Manager on site to answer questions and give updates on progress
- Budget Updates: Budget updates as changes occur
STEP 4: PUNCH-LIST AND WARRANTY
In this final stage, the home comes to completion as we carry it over the finish line.
Finishing strong, down to the last detail is something we take great pride in. At Urban Street Builders we will do whatever it takes to please our customers and to deliver them a quality product. We truly are excited for you to have the satisfaction of enjoying your finished project. Here is what to expect in this final phase:
- Punch List: Initial punch list created
- Final budget presented: Final budget presented and payment received
- Move in: Homeowner moves in
- 2nd punch list: 2nd punch list completed 4 weeks after move in
- Warranty: Warranty follow-up 6-12 months after move in